Wednesday, August 31, 2011

37wks 2 days

Tuesday August 30th was another weekly appointment. Ultrasound showed the fluid level had dropped from 9 down to 7. Baby was moving, practicing breathing on his own, stomach & bladder was full and that darn head was still meausuring bigger than everything else so the weight is now 7.6 lbs.

With the fluid level dropping down to 7 where 5 being the very crucial mark, the midwife (OB is on vacation) called me off work. Being only 37 wks they can not start inducing but she mentioned if I was 38 wks, I would be going in this week to induce labor due to the fluid levels. They hooked me up to their monitoring machine which shows the heartbeat & contractions and I'm clicking a button when he moves. They want to make sure he is not under stress due to the fluids being low and that looked good. I cried in the office because I was just not ready to hear that I'm off work THAT DAY. I am actually at work but only doing half days, she said that was okay but really wants me laying down and taking in more fluids.

I have another monitoring appointment this Friday (which is going to be my last day of work!) followed by another monitoring appointment Tuesday and ultrasound Wednesday. At that appointment, if no improvement with the fluid level then they will talk about inducing me. Everyone is SO excited for him to be here but I just didn't want this pregnancy to end quite yet. I'm not sure if I ever will be pregnant again so I'm wanting this to last at much as possible.

I am feeling great that I wouldn't think anything was going wrong. I am so nervous and scared for him to come next week that I just want him to be ready & healthy. So I'll update again Friday after monitoring.

No comments: