Thursday, August 25, 2011

36weeks & 2days

Now we will start the weekly appointments.

Little man weighs in at 6lbs 8 ounces according to ultrasound Tuesday Aug 23rd. His head was measuring a little ahead of schedule but everything else was measuring on time so the weight can be off due to that measurement. I had my first check on my cervix to see if I'm dilating and that was pretty painful. I am 1 cm dilated & 50% effaced and hopefully the exams will become easier. Total weight gain for myself is at 27lbs right now. My amniotic fluid level has dropped since last appointment. The range is anywhere from 5-20 and I was steady at 14 a month ago but since then I have dropped down to 9. My weekly appointments will now include an ultrasound each time to monitor the fluid level, if it decreases more or gets down to 5, the midwife stated it's then time to do something! I'm trying to drown myself again with fluids while I'm waiting for my next appointment. I could say that I really haven't had any contractions, maybe some mild cramping like a period type cramp but there is no pattern to it.

Next appointment is Tuesday Aug 30th and I pray that my fluids are back up and he is just staying cozy in there for just a little bit longer but as of today (08/25/11) I only have 24 more days to go!

No comments: