Monday, November 7, 2011

8 weeks old



This picture was taken on Saturday when Roman just turned 8 weeks old. He looks like a little man, he really has so much character about him. He is smiling and giggling more and more each day (when we have good days) and seems to really get louder when he cries (on his bad days!). He is scheduled to start his vaccinations next week but I tried weighing him on Saturday and he is close to 12 LBS according to a home scale with clothes on.

This past month has been better and seems to be getting better day by day but sometimes those days are really really hard. He has his night time schedule routine of bath by 730p, eat & bed hopefully close to 9p. I have been getting better sleep during the night. I had 1 night of a 6 hr sleep but it's usually around 4 hrs right now. I will be going back to work on Nov. 29th, 3 weeks away :( and it will be really hard at first with not sleeping well and working in Toledo from 730a to 4p with 30 min drive each way. I'm going to only do Tuesday thru Thursday for right now until I can sleep better. I hope the sitters can hang in all day & won't leave me after watching him :)

There are plenty of days that Roman likes to test my patience and it's not either mine or his fault, it's really just trying to figure out what he wants and needs at a young age. I'm trying to figure out if nursing him is causing his fussiness and maybe switching to a formula that would work better for him. I look forward to the holidays and he will be close to the age of starting cereals and then baby food!! When he smiles and laughs, he makes those bad days go away but I wouldn't ask for anything more.

No comments: